Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Flowering Snowball Quilt

I got her done!!  Well except for putting it in the wash/dryer for the cozy crinkley effect.....







Even though this was a smaller quilt, only 50" x 50", I was down to the wire getting it finished,,,,I was stitching the binding on at mid-night last night!!   Since my daughter Sami claimed this quilt, ( you can read about the WIP here,)  she chose the fabric for the binding.  I didn't think it matched very well, but that's what she wanted sooo,,,,,,it's on and she is very happy with it.  I'm learning  that as long as a quilt (or any hand-crafted item for that matter) makes your Heart Smile it's good, even if it's not perfect!!  

I loved making this quilt, and seeing so many different ones in the sew-along is inspiring!!  I definitely  will be making another Flowering Snowball quilt,,,for me!  Mary is having a wrap-up of the sew-along over on her blog, if you get a chance you really must go have a peek all the wonderfully different Flowering Snowball quilts that were made.



Happy Quilty Weekend

xx's  Kim
Post a Comment