Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Summer of Swaps

With our winter being so long and cold last year, I was totally ready for summer!  Warmer weather, longer days and gardening, I joined in on a few swaps.  They sounded like too much fun to pass up on, and always a great way to make new online sewing friends!

The first one, a Mini Quilt Swap was hosted by the very talented and creative Kristi of Schnitzel & Boo.  This was my first swap with what I call The Big Girls!, you know, the well known, very inspiring quilters/crafters of the blogging world!  (Well in my mind that's how I see it, lol)  This turned out to be just an amazing swap, there were over 600 entrants, (What was she thinking!?)  So many ladies, so much fun, inspiration and a good time was had by all.  My partner was Marlena.  She liked bright colors and stars.  After much debating I ended up making this...

The Star was my first time paper piecing, and I chose a gray background to make the brights 'pop'!

Added my signature... hand embroidery and quilting.

Last minute quilt label.

She is a giraffe lover, so I made this for an added gifty.

Charlene of The Cotton Farm, also Kristi's Mom,  sent me this wonderful package.


She totally got it right...pink, aqua, gnomes- eeek so cute!!


She also sent the pattern along, and challenged me to making it!  So I totally have to at least try,,, maybe this winter Charlene!

Charlene runs a long arm quilting and custom embroidery business, so she add some wonderful embroidery to this cute little sewing book!!  Isn't it just wonderful!!  I love the button too.

 And all the goodies inside...I felt I was a very luck lady!!

This was an awesome swap,,, met new people, tried new techniques, and received "happy mail", and I had a blast doing it.  

Hope your week is going well
Until next time

xx's  Kim





Post a Comment