Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Treadle-ing Along....

I have a few vintage sewing machines, which reminds me I will make a page so you can see them all if you would like, but my Singer Treadle Machine is probably my favorite.  I finally fixed the belt and got it up and running recently.  I'm thrilled to be able to start sewing with this machine.  It has been a long time dream of mine to make a quilt using my treadle......Isn't she a beauty!!!

Please forgive picture quality....it's either bright sun or dreary gray here in cold, snowy Wisconsin,  waiting for the perfect light can take days.



Like hand sewing, , ,  sewing with my treadle is very soothing....the rhythm of running the foot treadle and the tick-tick-tick sound makes my heart smile!

One of the blogs I follow is Selfsewn.  It's a wonderful place for me because Clare does a lot of handsewing too.  I find her makes inspiring and her tutorials are excellent.  She recently finished her Bohemian Like You quilt....I thought it would be a perfect first project for the treadle,,,,all straight seams LOL!   

I love blues and have accumulated a few, well quite a lot of different blues in my stash, so this will be my Oh Sew Blue quilt....

Putting these strips together is allowing me to get to know her....I'm going to have to give  "her" a name.....mmmm I'm sure one will come to me!   How is your week going?   I hope you are getting some time to work on what makes your heart smile....

Until Next Time

xx's  Kim
Post a Comment