Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sewing Tales Contest Up-Date!!!

Remember this?....


A heart made from 1/2" hexies, that I turned into this.......

A turtle named Thomas and his Valentine friend.......

,
Elise?  Then I wrote a little story about them HERE and entered a little contest Here.

I used patterns from the book Sewing Tales to Love and Stitch by Kerry Goulder of Kid Giddy blog.  When she released her book last fall with a blog hop, extra patterns, and give aways, I fell in love with the book immediately!  The gnomes, mice, bears, boats, hot-air balloons, to name just a few appealed to my inner child-I really don't plan on growing up any time soon LOL!  I was smitten with this book.  When she announced the Sewing Tales for the Holidays Contest.   I entered the contest for fun (with no intentions of placing) but GUESS WHAAAAAT!!!  I placed 2nd Runner Up!!!!  You can see the other winners Here

I would like to thank Kerry for creating and writing this book. I highly recommend Sewing Tales if you enjoy making stuffies for the little AND not so little ones in your life. Also a big thank you for hosting the contest-I can't imagine the amount of time and energy it took to organize this.  THANK YOU!!  (*** just a note - once you've got the book do not be dismayed that the patterns need to be enlarged, if you contact her she will email you the full size patterns!! )) How cool is that??

I would also like to thank the contributing sponsors for the super prize package- Sizzix,QuiltyBox,Dritz,FreeSpirit,Fiskars and Bosal...Thank You!

Hope your week is going well
Until Next Time
Take Care and have fun Stitching

xx's  Kim

I have given this review of my own accord, I was not asked to, or paid, for my thoughts on this book.




Post a Comment