Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A "Should" Finish Project

This is one of my projects that I 'should' finish that I spoke about yesterday.  It's a Bed Runner and Pillows for my sister.  I think I started it two years ago.  I'm not a green person so that may be one of the reasons I kinda sorta 'forgot' about it, well that and I get side tracked with new ideas!!

I used a jellyroll and some coordinating fabric from Connecting Threads.  As I said my sister likes greens, yellows, and reds, but this roll also came with a little blue and grape.  I found the pattern in the book Bed Runners using Precut Fabrics by Kathy Brown.  There are nine patterns in the book and this is the second pattern I've used from it.

This will be 92" x 36" when finished.  I really like the idea of a bed runner, not as big to make yet can change the look of your room with the seasons.

With the strips/fq's that were left, I decided to make  a couple of QAYG pillow covers.




A little hand quilting in the evenings and hopefully I'll finish this for her birthday in May,,,fingers crossed !!


It's still winter here so having this on my lap, while quilting, keeps me warm in the evenings while watching tv,,,,nothing better than snuggling with a quilt.  Do you have a favorite quilt??  I'd love to hear about it.

Until next time,
Take Care, 

xx's  Kim

Post a Comment