Thursday, January 23, 2014

TESTING, Testing....

Wooohooo....a couple of weeks ago Samantha of  At home with Mrs.H, sent out requests for a new pattern of hers to be tested.  Now I'm not an experienced purse/bag maker, but this pattern is for beginners and I decided to try my hand at testing with this pattern.....It is called The Sling Bag and it is a free pattern she is offering on her Craftsy Store HERE !!        


When my daughter, who has a *little* purse fetish, saw this bag she picked the fabrics and said I had to make it for her !!  At the very least I didn't have to mull over my stash and decide on fabrics or colors.  So this is my (our) Sling Bag.....





My first zipper pocket in the lining.....easy, peasy with Samantha's instructions...yay!!!  It was also the first time I put in a magnetic snap closure,,,,, why did I wait so long to try this, duh?!






I am definitely going to be making The Sling Bag for myself.  I love this size bag,,,for toting my knitting/crochet around, for traveling or just everyday use because I usually end up taking the "kitchen sink" everywhere I go, ugh!    I would totally recommend this pattern, not just because it's FREE, it is a well written pattern with excellent instructions and lots of photos for the visual learner.  The biggest thing that came to mind while testing this pattern is that I have Paid good money for patterns that have little, to poor instructions.  Not this pattern, even the beginner would not have a problem, but IF you did find something you don't quite understand  Mrs.H is available to answer all your questions.  Not only is she a prolific Purse/bag pattern maker,,,,,she is a total Sweetheart and is always more than willing to help with anything you might need.   So, why not give it a try..... you can find Samantha on her blog... At home with Mrs.H where you can find links to all her Purse Patterns and purse making supplies or this direct link to the Sling Bag download on Craftsy !!!   Have Fun !!

We are in a deep freeze right now,,,,,hope you are snuggly warm!
Until next time....   

xx's Kim





Post a Comment