Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Stitching - A Season by Hand

Summer for me is a time for Stitching by Hand.  With the busyness of gardening , traveling, and just spending time outside I like to have things I can sew-on-the-go!  So following along with Clover and Violet's A Season by Hand was inspiring, and encouraging.  

I have been stitching two different BOM quilt a longs, but they won't be complete till later in the year.  Then there is my hexie addiction which I add to on a daily basis,{I will explain this in another post!!} What could I make for the Season by Hand link up  ?????

Somewhere in my sewing journey I fell in love creating little stuffies.  So I made a "Little Miss Stitchy" to keep me company in my sewing space and hopefully put a smile on anyone who meets her.....


She is sewn completely by hand from linen- (a re-purposed  jacket from thrifting)


....an embroidered face with a yo-yo and lace flower for her "ear" adornment....



....her clothes are hand stitched, and I hand knit a shawl for cooler days to come....



Sitting on a Hexie Doll quilt among some sewing pretties....




She is already feeling at home... <3!!!

Hope you have a wonderful week!!

xx Kim

I'm linking up with

Be sure to hop over and see all the other lovely items 
Stitched by Hand this summer.

Post a Comment