Tuesday, June 25, 2013

BUSY, Busy, busy.....

Hello my dear friends...sorry, it's been awhile since my last post.  I have been busy with some sewing and stitching which I will get you caught up on with this post.

First off I have to send a big THANK YOU to a fellow blogger, Samantha of  At Home with Mrs.H. ( I started following her blog during the Sweet Pouch Swap hosted by Sew Delicious).  A little while back Samantha tested a Greenbacks Wallet for Sew Sweetness and then decided to give it away !!  Well shut the door and slap your yourself silly  I was the very lucky WINNER of that gorgeous wallet...it arrived here a few days ago and I am thrilled to be it's new owner....Just look at the beautiful fabric and the colors are totally ME!!!  and it's  MINE, Mine, mine...I say it three times so my daughter doesn't snatch it up.   


                         

      
The wonderful Samantha is ALSO a designer of bags/purses and sells her designer bags in her ETSY shop.  She also sells the pdf bag patterns and bag making supplies there if you would rather make one yourself.  So Please click on over and say hi to Samantha .!






Now just a few, okay...a lot of pixs of some of my WIPS.....


 I have been having fun making these little felt dolls/animals with patterns from Gingermelon.  She has some of the cutest patterns out there. I do hope to put these in my Etsy shop soon, or you can always contact me if you want a special one made up just for you.  The little bunny on the right is just a little pattern I'm working on...
These are all hand stitched .



















I'm hand stitching quite a few things...I joined the Summer Stitching Club, hosted by Mollie at Wild Olive blog because of my hexie addiction:  And the mother-daughter team at Clover and Violet are hosting A Season by Hand summer sewing series which has some great inspiration...

The solid pink hexie's will have embroidery on them....you will have to check back to see how these turn out !!!




This is a pattern from Jenny of ElefantzHOME-Magazine.  I love her designs.  This one is a BOM called "Beauty"...she does hers in red, but I'm a blue person so hoping mine turns out just a pretty as hers....

This is a pattern/sew-a-long from the GirlsOwnStitchingClub hosted by Red Brolly......  And last but not least is something I have finished ......

I made this for my Mother... a late, very belated Mother's Day gift....I think I'm so far behind I should probably just start over !!!!  She is starting a round of Radiation therapy for a spot on her lung,,,,I'm putting her in God's hands and I'm sure the angels will keep her spirits up. (It will be in the mail soon Mom)

Soooo sorry for the long post..promise I will try to keep up.  Hope your Summer is going well....until next time....

Happy stitching, and Happy Summer

xx Kim












Post a Comment