Thursday, June 6, 2013

3 Days...

Well it's been three days of cold, wet, dreary weather here.  No sunshine to take photos of things I would like to show you.  I did get these photos taken last weekend so I will share them. 

A few months ago I splurged and bought a couple of books I fell in love with.  I follow Helen Philips on her blog and her latest book, Pretty Patchwork Gifts, is full of wonderful little gift ideas.  Not only did this book reach out and grab me because of all the cute little things in it, but I like to do my hand stitching in the evenings and many of the items I can work on and actually finish !!  

Here is the book in case you happen upon it in your travels:


She combines patchwork, applique and embroidery to create some wonderful little items for everyone from the baby to the grown up.  There are pillows, banners, stuffies, bags, mini quilts and hearts.  I want to make them all they are sooo cute!!!

Since I'm "Luvin my Hexies"  I chose to make the Little Hexagon Quilt, a doll size quilt which my daughter has already claimed..



This was made using 3/4" paper pieced hexagons appliqued onto the main fabric.  Again sorry for no close ups as I wasn't thinking these would be the only time I could get pictures for awhile,,,,errrrrg.  Then there were these cute little fabric pins....aren't they the adorable?!!  I just love "little" things.


They are about 2 1/2 x 2" and fun to make.  I love to do hand turned applique but I rather enjoyed the quickness of just blanket stitching these little flower and leaves on.  AND I can use some of my fave scraps in a way others can enjoy when I give them as gifts.  

Then I just had to make one of these....


The little Stuffed Houses are everywhere I know, but I hadn't made one yet so I whipped up a few to sit around and use for pin cushions.  She has given directions for three different sizes, (front cover photo) and I just had fun with it.  Helen's blog is just as yummy as her book!!  If you get a chance to visit her blog, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Hoping the sun comes out soon, I would like to take pixs of a skirt I made to put in  Skirt Week which ends tomorrow.  I'm also hoping to do A Season by Hand, a series with Clover and Violet over the next couple of months.   

What type of sewing plans do you have for this summer??

Until next time...
Happy Stitching

xx Kim



Post a Comment