Thursday, January 3, 2013

My First Post

I have been sewing for babies and brides-to be for some time now and loving it... It's just fun !!  Hence the name Babes and Brides.. Something about babies being born and girls planning their "Big Day" just thrills me.!!  I had two boys and making their special outfits was fun,,,they had to wear little sailer outfits, knickers with tights, bow ties and vests...they were good sports to wear what mama made them..  But sewing for girls, all things pink and purple, ribbons and bows, frilly and lacey was ...well alot more fun!   So every chance I got to sew for babies, little girls, or brides-to-be, I took it.  I have made christening gowns, wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, prom dresses, veils, bonnets.  I have altered over one hundred gowns and learned alot in the process...soooo now I'm opening a little Etsy shop so I can sew the things I love and reach more people doing it..
Post a Comment